Midas is searching for a General Worker to join the team in Discount Midas. The purpose of this position is to perform general duties such as merchandising and receiving, among others.
- Grade 12 / Matric certificate is essential
- Computer literate
- Must be honest and show integrity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Clear criminal record
Key Performance Indicators will include, but are not limited to;
BINNING / RECEIVING
- Ensure the binning of incoming merchandise and the replenishment of inventory from bulk to pick locations is performed as per standard operating procedures and requirements
- Ensure new products are allocated with bin location numbers in the correct warehouse area
- Ensure bins are updated and stock allocated to new bin locations is reported to your superior and updated
- Assist in replenishment functions
- Ensure all incoming goods are received and checked as per company standards
- Ensure picking of customer and branch orders are being picked timorously to meet order cut-off times
- Ensure picking from bulk locations is only done as an alternative bin when stock is depleted and not replenished in the picking phase or when picking bulk orders to prevent the breakage of pack sizes
- Carry out all reasonable and lawful instructions relating to work given to you by your superiors
- Follow all relevant procedures to increase efficient customer satisfaction
- Assist in stock take procedures
- Ensure housekeeping is done on a daily basis
- Ensure double checks are done to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and to prevent loss of inventory
- Ensure set standard operational targets are achieved consistently
- Issue scanners to all operators on a daily basis.
- Book out scanners on the electronic app.
- Receive scanners back from operators, inspect scanner for damage and book back into stock on the electronic app.
- Report any damage to the supervisor
- Complete the daily scanner issue spreadsheet
How to apply:
Closing Date:16 August 2022