Reference number: 111727
Job Title: Operator: Maintenance
Operating entity: EOP: Mining, Bosjesspruit Irenedale
Geographical area: Secunda
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This Maintenance Operator will be supporting the Maintenance Team by providing effective equipment maintenance assistance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, to increase stability and maintain the sustainability of the equipment.
- Complete job-specific task/checklist accurately.
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to superior.
- Application of job-specific SOPs and COPs to ensure housekeeping standards are Upheld.
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team Goals.
- Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost-saving initiatives.
- Report all task activities.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 with Maths & Science/N3 with Business English/NCV Level 4 with Maths & Science
- Level 2 Mechanical completed (Wish)
- First Aid certificate (Wish)
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
- 5 Gasses (Wish)
- Competent A (Wish)
Specific experience required
- 12 months of roads maintenance related experience
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Safety procedures
- Emergency Preparedness
- SOPs & COP’s
- My Health & Safety Act
- Interpret written information & works instructions
How to apply:
Closing date: 23 August 2022