Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
- To act as a Cloud Engineer in a senior position to build out and maintain resilient, scalable, cost effective and high performing Cloud solutions that will assist Capitec to become the best bank in the world.
- 5+ years’ experience in Infrastructure, Software Development, DevOps
- 3+ years design and implementation of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years in AWS
- Of introducing Cloud technology (start-up) in an environment – processes, principles etc.
- Design and hands on troubleshooting background on AWS Platform (Azure or GCP will be advantageous).
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience developing and supporting infrastructure and Cloud capabilities for micro services-based architectures.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools.
- Experience with authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation or equivalent.
- Experience in a financial services or banking organisation
- Infrastructure security
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc.
- Experience with ELK, New Relic or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Information Technology – IT Engineering
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Information Technology – IT Engineering
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale Cloud infrastructure.
- Advance knowledge of infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns. (SDLC, IaC)
- Practical, working knowledge of:
- Developing and delivering systems on AWS Platforms (Azure or GCP will be advantageous).
- Supporting and enhancing build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools.
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in Cloud environments.
Ideal / Optional
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems.
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Facilitation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Project Management Skills (Methodolgy Specific)
- Problem solving skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Communications Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Learning and Researching
- Creating and Innovating
- Relating and Networking
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Applying Expertise and Technology
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.