A vacancy currently exists Receptionist at the Garden Route National Park in the Tsitsikamma Section: Storms River Mouth Rest Camp. The successful candidate will report to the Front Office Supervisor.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B5 job grade, allowances, and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Service of SANParks.
The successful candidate will be accommodated within the park.
Preference will be given to applications within the Garden Route (Mossel Bay, George to Port Elizabeth).
The appointment will be in accordance with EE plan targets.
- Grade 12 (Matric certificate)
- Working knowledge and experience in a Reservation system
- Twelve months of practical experience in Tourism front office-related work
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel
- Working overtime and working on weekends & public holidays are required: 6 days, 45 hours per week.
- A National Tourism/Hotel management diploma or equivalent qualifications will serve as an added advantage.
- Good administration skills and sound interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English and two other languages of the area.
- To receive and direct telephone calls where specified and to relay telephone messages timeously.
- Effectively communicating with guests and providing them with information about facilities and activities at the Tsitsikamma Section of Garden Route National Park.
- To welcome visitors, allocate accommodation and attend to queries from guests.
- Accepting payments from guests, capturing financial transactions and balancing cash on a daily basis on the SANParks reservation system.
- Closing work shifts on SANParks reservation system (Roomseeker) and acting as shift supervisor when instructed by Front Office Supervisor, Duty Manager or HSM.
- To maintain a constant supply of organizational brochures for distribution in the brochure racks.
- When required, provide information and promotional material to guests.
- To perform general administration relevant to the Reception, Entrance Gate and Information Centre.
- Conduct ad-hoc administration duties as and when requested by the Front Office Supervisor.
- Conducting Gate Official/Gate Administrator duties from time to time as and when needed.
- Conducting boat operation office-related duties from time to time as and when needed.
- To adhere to the company dress code and protocol.
How to apply:
Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV and a certified ID copy to the following address:
Ms Nomonde Bembe
Tsitsikamma Section, GRNP
Fax: 086 6219030
Candidates who have not been contacted within 21 days after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 28/10/2022