NSFAS has recently revealed the date for the commencement of applications for the year 2024. On November 21, 2023, aspiring applicants will be able to begin their application process.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has just announced the opening date for 2024 applications, and the news has been met with a surge of anticipation from aspiring South African students.
It’s a pivotal moment for those who dream of pursuing higher education but lack the financial means to do so. With the opening date set for November 21, 2023, students across the country are counting down the days until they can apply for the financial support they need to achieve their goals.
If you’re looking to pursue or further your studies with the assistance of NSFAS, be sure to submit your application before the deadline on January 31st, 2024. Applying early is crucial!
What does the bursary cover?
The amounts listed for housing, stipend, transportation, and educational materials must match the most recent approved DHET requirements.
- Make accommodations
- according to the actual fees that the institution charges (the cost of private housing cannot be more than the cost of on-campus housing).
- Transportation (from the institution up to 40 kilometers) R7 500 annually
- Monthly living allowance of R15, 000
- Book discounts R5200 annually
- Annual incidental/personal care stipend of R2,900 for students living in catered housing
- Accommodations in a city R24,000 a year
- Per diem lodging in a peri-urban area: R18,900
- Monthly rent for lodging in a remote area: R15,750
- Transportation (to and from the institution) R7,350 annually
- Transport R7,000 annually
- Annual incidental/personal care allowance of R2,900
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- Each and every citizen of SA
- Funding is available to all winners of SASSA grants.
- candidates whose annual household income combined is not greater than R350 000
- Individual with impairment: The annual combined income of the household cannot exceed R600,000.
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose home income is not higher than R122 000 per annum.
How To Apply
Application will open on the 21st of November 2023
Visit: NSFAS MAIN SITE
Fully subsidised free higher education and training for poor and working class South Africans.